In the G425 driver series, the primary model is named Max as it elevates the moment of inertia (MOI) to PING’s highest level in history and provide golfers the most forgiving driver in golf. Joining the G425 Max are the LST (Low Spin Technology) and SFT (Straight Flight Technology) to best match a golfer’s swing and launch conditions.
MOI to the Max
To achieve the new performance levels in the G425 Max, PING engineers combined key technologies from the G400 Max and G410 Plus. The resulting increase in MOI in the 460cc head comes mainly from a 26-gram tungsten movable weight, which is made possible by weight savings attributed to advancements in the driver’s dragonfly crown technology. The weight can be positioned at distinctive settings over a smaller area than G410 Plus/LST to help shift the center of gravity lower and farther back without sacrificing performance elsewhere in the design. The CG-shifting weight can be secured in one of three settings — neutral, draw or fade — to influence forgiveness and shot shape for maximum performance. The average MOI increase is 14% across the three weight positionscompared to the G410 Plus, with three combinations of weight position and loft exceeding a combined MOI of 10,000 (gm-cm²).
- Multi-material construction: Cast Ti 8-1-1 body, forged T9S+ face, high-density tungstenback weight, lightweight aluminum/thermoplastic adjustable hosel
- G425 Max loft options: 9⁰, 10.5⁰& 12⁰
- Head volumes: G425 Max (460cc),
- Std. length: 45 3/4″ (Alta CB Slate 55)
- Loft adjustability: 5 settings: +-1.5⁰(0, +1⁰, +1.5⁰, -1⁰, -1.5⁰)
- Lie adjustability: Up to 3⁰ flatter